Whats cooking in evolution?
There are plenty of interesting works going on currently for evolution 2.28,
- eds-dbus port for address-book (Ross)
- calendar cache rewrite to get rid of the xml based cache (Chen)
- GSoc eds calendar memory optimization patches to be merged (Stanislav)
- Caldav backend replacing Google calendar backend for accessing google calendars (Milan Crha)
- A lot of improvements in evolution-mapi connector for exchange 2007 (hear more from Johnny)
We will be getting all the above for evolution 2.27.5.. So be ready for them!!
We are also planning to branch evolution 2.27.x a bit early once the freezes start (around july 27) to have the following work merged soon and to get more testing for evolution 3.0,
- Kill bonobo from evolution (Matthew Barnes)
- eds-dbus port for calendar (Ross)
Some more under radar for evolution 3.0,
- IMAP IDLE support
- Asyncronous operations in mailer
- Removing ETable from mailer
There are a lot more people behind doing useful contributions to evolution, though I have mentioned only some names above.. Watch the NEWS file updates to know all of them