Evolution 2.28.0 released!!
Evolution team is happy and proud to announce the evolution 2.28.0 release. To give an overview of what the release provides,
• Google calendar will be available through Caldav interface by default
• Configurable date formats
• Selecting local ICal files as calendar sources
• Support for unmatched vfolder and creating vfolder using vfolders is added back.
• GroupWise conversation threading
• GroupWise meeting retract/resend
• Tons of bug fixes
We have already started working on the tasks identified for the 2.30. Here is the summary of those tasks,
• Bonobo less Evolution
• EDS DBus port
• Exchange MAPI Improvements
• Mailer async operations (with IMAPX)
• GNOME 3.0 Cleanup
• Migrate go-evolution wiki contents to lgo and gnome.org/projects/evolution
• Quick steps for writing evolution plugins
• Disk summary regressions on vfolder
If you would like to get involved in any of the above work or have some new ideas, we would be happy to guide. We need more people getting involved in Evolution development!
Some screen shots of the new features added,
Configurable date formats
Allow Local Ical files to be added as calendar sources
Thanks to all the users, testers, developers, translators, bug masters, distributors and everyone involved in the project.